YOUNG ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARD 2015
Call for Applications (or Nominations)
The Takeda Foundation solicits applications for the Takeda Young Entrepreneurship Award. The Takeda Young Entrepreneurship Award praises young entrepreneurs or entrepreneurial individuals who challenge technological or social needs in the real world. The Award places high value on innovative individuals who try to realize bold and clear-sighted ideas to solve issues based on technological or social needs. The Takeda Foundation believes that the challenging activities of young individuals trying to address real technological and social needs will lead to the creation of goods and services that enhance the well-being of people throughout the world, which is the mission of the Foundation.
The Awardee will be selected from among the candidates nominated or who self-apply for the Takeda Young Entrepreneurship Award. Candidates will submit an application paper describing the background of the targeted issue, and his or her ideas for a solution to address that issue in 1000 words or less with figures (within 3 pages). They are also requested to submit a supporting paper (in 300 words or less) written by an individual who receives benefit from the solution. The Takeda Young Entrepreneurship Award will be given to the individual who submits the most creative and promising ideas with a high potential for enhancing the well being of people at the site. The Takeda Foundation will select the Best Entrepreneur and 5 Entrepreneurs. The Best Entrepreneur Award recipient will receive a diploma, plaque and monetary prize of one million yen. Each recipient of the Entrepreneur Award will receive a diploma, plaque and monetary prize of two hundred thousand yen.
Candidates should be young individuals under forty years of age regardless of sex, organization or nationality. The Takeda Foundation awaits the nominations or self-applications of young individuals who challenge technological or social needs to enhance the well being of people throughout the world.
1. Application Period: April 1 to July 31, 2015
2. Announcement of Winners: Early November 2015
3. Application fields: Any field that can improve the well being of people
4. Registration: Please register at here before you submit the application form. You will receive your reception number and an address for submission of your application form.
5. Application Form should include the items listed below.
1) Applicant Information: Please attach the registration form
2) Project Description should include the following items (within 1000 English words in total)
Figures or tables can be attached if they are within 3 pages.
(a) Background (Technological or/and social needs, and social impacts)
(b) Solutions (Technical solutions and business model, competitiveness with other solutions, advantages (benefits/cost), etc.)
(c) Attempt (How seriously are you involved in your project? What are the milestones for this project? Do you expect any public funds? Have you organized any groups to develop your project?)
3) Supporting report: Please ask beneficiaries (at least one) to describe within 300 words the kinds and degree of benefit he or she expects to receive when your project is achieved.(Please keep in mind that supporting reports are not a recommendation letter from your mentor. They are reports from individuals who will receive benefits from your projects.)
6. Application format: Please download an application form here .
7. Application method: To be announced soon.
8. For inquiry please send mail to email@example.com